Pages

Thursday 17 January 2013

Except when it doesn't.

I know that I haven't been posting here regularly but my hope for the new year is that I can change that!

Okay, so you know that moment when you realize you can't find something important? Like rummaging through your purse for your keys and not finding them in the front pocket or reaching into your backpack and pulling out your pencil case instead of your meter? I'm a little bit paranoid about forgetting things, so I have these moment a lot. Usually, I'll remember that my keys are in my jacket pocket instead of my purse or that my meter is on the table in front of me. I'll start to breathe again, and the panic will subside.

Except when it doesn't.

I was at home for three weeks for Christmas. I quadruple-checked everything I packed, especially all of my D-supplies. I left back-ups at school in case I forgot anything. I even had an entire box of CGM sensors left since I had taken a CGM break over the holidays.

Fast forward to this week.

I've been off the CGM for too long, so I decide to put it back in. I do a pump infusion site change, all fine. I pull out a new sensor, an alcohol swab, an IV-3000, and... my inserter? Crap. Okay, don't panic, check the supply drawer. Check your d-travel bag. Check your suitcase? Check your desk?

Crap crap crap.

Phone call to my mom. My CGM inserter is in my other diabetes supply drawer 300km from here. And I have no way of getting it until late february.

My life is an interesting adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment